Philadelphia, PA- Marzo 16, 2023 – Today, Senator Art Haywood announced nearly $7M in grants from the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) for community projects throughout the 4th Senatorial District.
“I’m grateful that we were able to make significant investments in our district, our community, and in our neighborhoods,” said Senator Haywood. “Many of these projects will directly improve the lives of folks in my district. These grants will help make our communities safer, more beautiful, and more accessible for all. Investing in our infrastructure, outdoor spaces, and educational facilities will always prove to be wise.”
DCED grants were awarded from the Statewide Local Share Account (LSA) and the Multimodal Transportation Fund. Statewide LSA grants are intended to support projects in the public interest throughout the state and are funded by gaming revenues. Multimodal Transportation Fund grants are intended to encourage economic development and to ensure safe and reliable transportation is available to residents.
“I would also like to thank my State Representatives for collaborating and advocating for these important grants: Representatives Napoleon J. Nelson, Chris Rabb, Tarik Khan, Nancy Guenst, Benjamin V. Sanchez, and Stephen Kinsey. It’s an honor to serve alongside them and bring this money back home to our constituents and neighbors.”
A full list of grants awarded in the 4th District include:
Statewide LSA Grants
- Cheltenham Township Old York Road Fiber Interconnect: $1,000,000
- MontCo Redev. Authority/Cross County & Wissahickon Connector Trails Construction: $1,000,000
- Springfield Township Redevelopment Project: $930,400
- Cheltenham Twp. Glenside Flood Control Project Property Acquisition: $505,000
- Philadelphia Technical Training Institute Expansion: $500,000
- Treasure the Earth Campaign: $400,000
- Cheltenham Twp. New Vactor and Camera Trucks: $250,000
- Replacement of the Glenside Avenue Bridge over Shady Nook: $250,000
- Musgrave Street Rehab Project: $250,00
- The DePaul School Expansion Project: $250,000
- Childhood Lost Theatre Program: $207,163
- Redev. Authority/PHS Meadowbrook Farm Visitors Center: $203,280
- Abington-Jenkintown Connections Project: $500,000
- Airy Pedestrian Lighting and Crossing Improvements: $500,000
- Tulpehocken Philadelphia LP Reconstruction: $150,000
More information about DCED and available grants can be found online. More information on Senator Haywood can be found here: SenatorHaywood.com.