COVID-19 testing sites are operating throughout the Philadelphia area. Testing is prioritized for people over 50 who are displaying symptoms, health care workers, first responders, and people who have referrals from primary care physicians. Here are some nearby testing sites:
- Jefferson Health
- Abington: 1200 Old York Rd, Abington, PA 19001
- BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Einstein Health Network
- Please call your primary care physician if symptomatic.
- Temple Health
- Temple Ambler: By appointment only. 580 Meetinghouse Rd, Ambler, PA 19002. Testing will begin on Saturday, 3/21. Hours: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. A link to register will be available here beginning at 8pm on 3/20.
- Rite Aid
- 7401 Ogontz Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19138
- Tentative opening Saturday, 3/21 at 7am. Hours: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
The American Red Cross is experiencing a shortage of blood and needs eligible neighbors to donate. The Red Cross is asking healthy individuals who have recently traveled to parts of Asia and Italy to postpone their donation appointment for at least 28 days.
For a complete list of locations and to schedule a donation appointment, please visit their website or give them a call on their hotline at 1-800-733-2767.
Unemployment Compensation and Small Business Relief
Individuals and businesses experiencing hardships due to COVID-19 can use these local and state resources for assistance:
- To file for unemployment compensation online, visit the Department of Labor and Industry website at: https://www.uc.pa.gov/Pages/covid19.aspx or call their Service Center at 888-313-7284 (TTY: 888-334-4046).
- Businesses that would like to seek a waiver from the Governor’s order to close non -life sustaining business should send an email to: RAemail@example.com. Businesses with questions about whether they need to close: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Residents or employees who believe a business is open in violation of the new restrictions are urged to contact the Pennsylvania Department of Health at 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-8-77-724-3258) and press option 1.
Emergency Relief Hotlines
While it is best to stay at home during this uncertain time, there is assistance available. Please call these hotlines if you need additional support. If you are severely ill and need medical attention right away, call 911.
- For social service needs, please dial 311.
- Call the Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Helpline to speak with a health care professional: 1-800-722-7112.
- Text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to receive text updates.
- Montgomery County
- For human services, call Montgomery County Navicates at 610-278-3522.
- For the Office of Public Health call 610-278-5117.
Be the Light,
Stay in Touch on Social Media
Please follow me on Facebook and Twitter to stay involved and receive live updates on issues and events. Be sure to check out my latest videos on YouTube, my latest photos on Instagram and subscribe to my Participation is Power Podcast!
Offices to Serve You